There are 24 national parks, 15 national reserves, 6 marine parks in Kenya and private conservancies on top of that. The choice can be overwhelming when it comes to visiting Kenya’s national parks. Nairobi National Park was the first park that was formed in 1946.
KWS is responsible for managing the National Parks, to protect the wildlife from poaching and from bush meat opportunists, which is a huge problem all over Africa. The Marine National Parks and Reserves fall under their restrictions and management as well.
Protecting these Parks and Reserves is getting more and more important, as our population is growing incredibly fast and resources are running low for both humans and animals. These natural pockets supply us all with water, trees and fresh air. It will require for us all to pull together, locals & visitors, to safeguard what is still left for future generations and for all of us, humans and animals, as we are all connected!
Kenya National Parks
- Aberdare National Park
- Amboseli National Park
- Lake Nakuru National Park
- Tsavo West National Park
- Tsavo East National Park
- Meru National Park
- Mount Kenya National Park
- Nairobi National Park
Kenya National Reserves
- Kakamega Forest National Reserve
- Masai Mara National Reserve
- Marsabit National Reserve
- Mount Elgon National Reserve
- Samburu and Bufallo Springs National Reserves
Kenya National Parks and Reserves on the Coast
- Shimba Hills National Reserve
- Kisite Marine National Park
- Malindi and Watamu Marine Parks and Reserves